Friday, April 22, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - A sketch this week!

Hello and Happy Friday! Today is Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge Day, and I got to play with some new Hanglars!!!!! I have gotten a few emails asking me where I get my Hanglars, and always before I have said, internet friends and once I was lucky on Ebay..... but hang on to your wallets ladies!!! Hanglars now ship Worldwide!!! Yep - they don't have everything, just some of their kits and a few mini kits - but hey they are Hanglars and they ship to us! :0)

So here is my card for this weeks sketch, wonderful sketch - and I had fun with my new Hanglar ( love saying that ) and then I also used some Webster Papers that seemed perfect for this pretty little girl. I inked the edges of everything with distressing inks after sewing everything. My scalloped matting is Spellbinders Lacey Circles, with lots of light blue adhesive rhinestones. And of course there are mulberry roses, with MS Leaves and branches punches. The sentiment is part of the Hanglar Kit -

For my image, I tried something new... I have been seeing lots of people using their Copics and then shading with black pencil. I love the look that they achieve with this... so I gave it a go. Ok... maybe I was a bit to heavy handed with my shading, but I think with some practice... I will work on it.

And don't be shocked here... but I did the inside too. :0)
Loved working with this sketch, it has lots of great possibilities. I hope you will join in and pop over to Just Magnolia's and Hanglars challenge and see the other DT cards and the great prize this week.

Think this one may go up on my for sale page ;0)

Me... it is Girls Friday, pedicure day and maybe lunch - so I am on the run!
HUGS and-

Copic Colors: B41; G82; E000; E25; E53; E55; E57; R20; Y000; Y11 -
Koh-I-Noor Black pencil and Ranger Distress Ink, Tea Dye.

7 comments:

Kirsten Alicia said...

Utterly gorgeous! Have a lovely day.

Heidi said...

What a stunning card Michelle. I really love the colors on the paper and how you have colored your image. The hanglar girl is one of my favorite stamp.
Have a great day

Hugs and love
Heidi

Helen said...

What a lovely card. Enjoy your girl's day!

Marilyn said...

Fab colouring. I haven't heard of shading with a black pencil but I love how you've done it & no... it's not too dark at all. I quite like it & am now on a mission to find out how to do it.
Such a great card!

Carol Dee said...

Beautiful card inside and out, Have fun Friday, hugs...

Teepee said...

Love, love, love the pictures at the top of the page. This is a good thing. And your card is beautiful, as usual.

NinaN said...

I think the shading looks great! And I love the look of your page today!