Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - A Royal Theme

Hello - Today is Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge day, and since all the media is all Royal this week with upcoming wedding - our challenge is doing the same! To make a card with something Royal to it. A castle? A Royal family member? Or just even a royal word in you sentiment... me I went with the simple task of the word Princess in my sentiment. Just couldn't come up with anything else.. LOL

But I am happy with my card, and getting to play with Stampavie's Leere Aldrich Party Girl image. I love these images, and just don't use them often enough.
Colored her up with my Copics, highlighted with Shimmerz and Stickles. All the pattern papers are from DCWV Linen Closet collection, I just love the glitter to these papers! I sewed them down with a zig zag stitch. The mat behind my Party Girl is really glittery, and I used the new Martha Stewart Jumbo Double Arches corner punch and the cut down the sides.

The sentiment is also a Stampavie sentiment, Leere Aldrich.
Now I just had to try and show you the shimmerz and glitter ;0)

And look at these gorgeous flowers. I took three mulberry flowers, sprayed them with vanilla smooch, and that just wasn't enough... so while they were still a little wet, I dipped them in extra fin glitter! Can never have enough sparkle for a Party Girl image!

Hope you will visit A Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge and see all the Royalty! :0)

Have a wonderful day! See you tomorrow for Me and My Space... I have totally re-done things! LOL
HUGS and -

5 comments:

Helen said...

Beautiful card, love the look of the flowers. By the way also love the new look of your blog.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Such a pretty card, I love the colour & the flowers are gorgeous.

Fleur said...

Fab take on the theme Michelle
Hugz Fleur xXx

Carol Dee said...

I keep forgetting to tell you haw muchI like the hnew blog header. FUN stuff. :) Todays card is so SPARKLY, love those sugared roses. Hugs....

Marga said...

What a great card you have made Michelle

Hugs Marga