Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - TEXTURE with a Leere image!

Hello - Today is Spoon Full of Sugar day and today is all about Texture! Great Challenge to think about adding texture to our projects. Some I would use and never think about it being texture and then one item I had in my stash and never used before and LOVE the look and the "Texture" it gave to my card!

But for even more fun for my card I went and found a Stampavie Leere Aldrich image to use. I totally adore these images, they are just so fun and whimsical! And I do believe this is one of my favorites.

This image is called "Going Places" Don't you want to go too?

I colored with my Copics and then I paper pieced the paint for the car! LOL I used a DCWV Glitter paper, this car has some bling baby! And that glitter is a textured paper... wink wink... texture for the challenge :0)

For my card I went with that DCWV paper stack - and the gorgeous Mariposa paper stack and card stock stack. Love the colors! For another texture I pulled out some Web Ribbon I purchased from Bunny Zoes, ages ago! I put it away and then totally forgot about it. Totally love the look of it, and was so happy I ran across it before making my texture card.
I wanted to show you an up close of the texture on the DCWV pattern paper. It is really so beautiful and I love the look, and feel of it! Those butterflies are what inspired my embellishments for the card. I used my Papertrey Ink butterfly die, and cut out the orange card stock, then I cut them out again on acetate and stamped them with blue Stazon ink on the back side of the clear acetate with the Papertrey Ink Butterfly stamp. I glued the two pieces together in the centers and let them "flap" loose for the wings. I then added just a bit of Stickles between the layers for more sparkle. I love how they came out and what I really love is that while in an envelope they will go totally flat and mail easy - but once pulled out they pop up somewhat. I love all the flowers and large embellishments, but it does make it hard to send off with all the dimension. This has that, but is so easy to mail! My sentiment is also from Papertrey Ink.

Zoom Zoom... now zoom off to A Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the DT's texture this week. And then join us for a chance at a great prize!

I'll be back tomorrow for "Me and My Space" post... I have been a little thrift this week with some organization ;0)

HUGS and -

5 comments:

petra,s cards said...

wauwwwwww stunning card!!
xx petra

Marilyn said...

Great card Michelle & I love the glittery car! The whole thing just makes you smile when you look at it!

Dianne said...

SUPER CUTE! How fun.

Hugs,
Dianne
http://mypaperhugs.blogspot.com/

Carol Dee said...

Love that textured ribbon. Very pretty papers. Super cute image. Just a really funcard. Hugs...

Helen said...

Beautiful, love the butterflies!